Author Topic: In search of surnames Baerga and Gil  (Read 2045 times)

Larroyo1944

In search of surnames Baerga and Gil
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:12:10 AM »
Hello to all!

I am new to this site and I hope someone can recognize the surnames, Baerga and Gil from Palo Seco, Maunabo. I am looking for Jose Gil Baerga, b. abt 1860, who was married to Rita Ester Rivera b. about 1860. I have no real dates for this but I am calculating by 'every 20 years a generation'. Some in the family told me that Jose's name was Jose Gil Baerga, but I think it is really Jose Baerga Gil because his male descendants all have the surname of Baerga.

The information I have is that Jose and Rita Ester had several children, one of whom was my mother in law's father, Basilio Baerga Rivera b. abt 1880. Basilio was married to Carmen Sanchez, b. about 1882. Together they had 7 or 8 children, one of whom was my mother in law, Oliva Baerga Sanchez, b. 1909, d. 1995.  Oliva told me that Jose was her grandfather but she had no other information. She said he died either before she was born, or soon after. No one in the family knows anything about him.  

I am hoping that someone might recognize these names and contact me through this board.

Thank you very much,
Lynn Arroyo
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest »